A Guide to Targeted Express Entry for Skilled Trades Professionals: The Canadian government has added particular jobs to the Targeted Jobs List for Skilled Trades in recognition of the importance of skilled trades in a variety of industries.
They can obtain a Canada PR Visa with a lower CRS score thanks to the Targeted Express Entry Draws for skilled trades professionals. You can use Targeted Express Entry to apply for immigration to Canada as a skilled tradesperson by following the guidance in this article, which will help you understand the program and its requirements.
Recognizing Category-Based Targeted Express Entry Rounds
Candidate selection in the category-based invitation rounds is done in accordance with the Minister’s predetermined standards for achieving economic goals. This category-based Express Entry draws are open to applicants who speak French fluently and have relevant work experience in designated Training, Education, Experience, and Responsibilities (TEER) categories of the National Occupational Classification (NOC Version 2021).
If you are a skilled tradesperson, the Express Entry program offers you the chance to get permanent residency in Canada with a Low CRS score.
Targeted Express Entry for Professionals in Skilled Trades
Skilled tradesmen are chosen in the category-based rounds of invites based on standards specified by the Minister to achieve economic goals. You must be qualified under the Federal Skilled Trades Program if you are a skilled tradesperson.
Which Trades are Skilled Enough to Qualify for the Targeted Express Entry Draw?
Although there are many different vocations in the skilled crafts sector, it’s crucial to remember that the following professions for skilled tradespeople are expressly targeted on the Targeted Express Entry List. Candidates must have at least 6 months of continuous work experience in one of the following occupations from within the last three years.
|Occupation||2021 NOC Code|
|Residential and commercial installers and servicers||73200|
|Elevator constructors and mechanics||72406|
|Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics||72402|
|Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics||72400|
|Electricians (except industrial and power system)||72200|
|Welders and related machine operators||72106|
|Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers, and services||72014|
The candidates must obtain guidance from qualified immigration specialists to determine the pertinent NOC code and occupation type. You can also verify the National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes directly on the website of the Canadian government.
How Can a Skilled Tradesperson Apply for Targeted Express Entry?
Follow these procedures to apply for Targeted Express Entry if you are a skilled tradesperson:
- Find out if you’re eligible: The Targeted Occupations List for skilled trades requires that you have at least six months of continuous work experience in a single occupation. Other conditions for the Federal Skilled Trades program must be met.
- Language Ability: Take the relevant language tests to demonstrate your English or French language skills. The IELTS or CELPIP for English and the TEF or TCF for French are recognized language tests for Express Entry.
- Create a profile for Express Entry: Create an Express Entry profile and include comprehensive facts about your education, employment history, language skills, and other pertinent information. You will be given a CRS score based on the information submitted.
- Increase Your CRS Score: Factors including language competence, education, work experience, and adaptability might help you increase your CRS score. Obtaining a provincial nomination via the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is another way to increase your points.
- Targeted Express Entry Draw: Make sure you get the maximum number of points in your chosen skilled trades employment in order to be eligible for a Targeted Express Entry Draw and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Continue with your application for permanent residency after receiving an invitation.
- A comprehensive application for permanent residency must be submitted within a certain amount of time if you acquire an ITA. Make sure to accurately gather all necessary documents and submit them within the allotted deadline.
- Health Checks and Security Checks: You must take the medical examination after submission to demonstrate that you meet the health requirements for immigration. You might also need to submit a police clearance certificate as part of the immigration process so that you can go through background and security checks.
- Application processing: The relevant immigration authorities will handle the processing of your application after you have filed it. You may be able to check the status of your application online, and the processing time for your application can vary.
It is strongly advised to get expert advice from knowledgeable immigration consultants who focus on skilled trades immigration to Canada. They may offer you individualized advice at every stage of the application procedure to give you the best chance of being hired as a skilled tradesperson under the Targeted Express Entry program.
- Lower CRS for Trades Residency
- Work Experience Requirement
- Boost CRS for Qualification
- Skill Points for ITA
- Consult Experts for Process