Facts about Nova Scotia:
Nova Scotia Nominee Program: Nova Scotia is a Latin word that means New Scotland. In 1867, Nova Scotia Joined Confederation with Canada hence is one of the four founding provinces. Its present capital Halifax was established in 1749 after Britishers took over. First permanent European settlement was established here in 1605 by French colonists.
Approximate population of Nova Scotia is 940000 and it is surrounded by Atlantic Ocean.
Once you plan to move to this beautiful place, you must be aware of its Nomination program known as NSNP, ie. Nova Scotia Nominee Program. If you possess required skills, qualification and experience, you may choose one of the following streams, that suits you the most:
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- International Graduate Entrepreneur
- Skilled Worker
1. Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry: As the name indicates you need to create your profile in IRCC first and you must be a suitable candidate as per the qualification, experience required by the Nova Scotia labour market.
There are two categories in this program as Category A and Category B:
Category A: This Category is for those having job offers and remains open throughout the year. To apply under this category, you must have a profile in IRCC as mentioned earlier. A score of 67 or more and most importantly job offer.
Category B: Eligibility criteria are almost the same, but you don’t need a job offer for this category, but you should qualify for the target occupations in demand as identified by the province. Hence it is expected to open and close depending on the occupation demand.
2. Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry: For this particular stream, you need two important things, one is you must have a profile in IRCC and you should have at least one year of work experience of highly skilled occupation and that too in Nova Scotia itself.
The good thing about this program is its maximum age limit is 55 years, hence if your age is less than 55 you are eligible for this program. Just for your information, I must tell you that the minimum age for this program is 21 years.
There are two routes for this particular program:
- You may apply directly to NSOI
- NSOI may select you from the Express Entry pool.
But in both the cases you need to create Express entry profile with IRCC.
The best part is there is no fees for this program, yes you read it right, there is no provincial fees but off course you have to pay IRCC for Express entry.
3. Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities: This stream works as per provincial labour market needs. If you possess the required qualification and experience, you will receive Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.
Check list before you apply for this stream:
- Candidates are selected from Express Entry pool, so you must have a profile there.
- Must have selected French as the first language with CLB score of 7 and English as a second language with CLB score of 5.
- Must have legal status in your current country.
- Must possess bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of studies at college or university.
4. The Entrepreneur Stream: This stream is for Entrepreneurs but if you have experience of working as a senior Business manager, you may also apply for this program. If you qualify for this stream and work in Nova Scotia for 1 year as business owner, you may be nominated by the province for permanent residency.
Check out following before you apply for this stream:
- You must have net worth of $600,000 CAD and must be able to invest at least $150,000 CAD in Nova Scotia.
- Minimum of CLB 5 is required in English or French.
- Minimum experience of 3 years is required and your age must be 21 years.
- You must have received invitation from NSOI.
There are 6 steps that all the applicants must go through to apply for PR:
Step 1 : Expression of Interest
Step 2: Invitation to apply
Step 3: In person Interview and Business performance Agreement
Step 4: Work Permit and Business Establishment
Step 5: Request for Nomination
Step 6: Apply for Permanent Residency.
5. International Graduate Entrepreneur: This program is exclusively for graduates from Nova Scotia community college or University. To apply to for this stream you must receive invitation first.
- Must receive an invitation from NSOI to apply for this stream
- CLB score of 7 in English or French
- Must have started or bought a business in Nova Scotia and operated it for at least 1 year.
- Should have 1 year of experience in managing or owning a business in Nova Scotia
- Should receive an invitation to apply from NSIO
- Intend to settle permanently in the province of Nova Scotia.
Four steps an applicant must follow:
Step 1: Expression of interest
Step 2: Invitation to apply
Step 3: In-person interview and Nomination
Step 4: Apply for permanent Residence.
6. Skilled Worker Stream: The Nova Scotia Nomination program Skilled worker stream helps business owners in Nova Scotia, recruit foreign employees with skill set that is not available in the province itself. This way when employers are unable to fill positions with a citizen or PR holder of Canada, can recruit eligible foreigners.
There are 2 levels of approval in this stream
Level 1: Application to NSNP i.e Nova Scotia Nominee Program skilled worker Stream.
Level 2: Application to IRCC for permanent resident visa.
In the first level applicants apply for nomination by submitting application to NSNP. If there documents are verified and they are eligible for the given position, they will get nomination in around 3 months.
In the second level, after being nominated by NSNP, the applicant applies for permanent residence to the government of Canada via IRCC. You and spouse must comply with medical and other requirements and may also be called for an interview.
Fees: There is no provincial fees but applicants pay for IRCC fees only.
- Age 21 to 55 years.
- CLB score 5 for skilled workers and CLB 4 score for semi or low skilled workers.
- Full time job offer from Nova Scotia business
- High school Diploma.
7. Physician Stream: The NSNP Physician stream assists NSHA(Nova Scotia Health Authority ) and IWK(Izaak Walton Killam Health Centre ) to hire physicians including general practitioners and specialist physicians.
Again there is no provincial fees and two levels of approval as under:
Level 1: Application to NSNP Physician Stream
Level 2: Application to IRCC for permanent residence visa.
Both the authorities have their own discretion and may or may not give approval, but applicants who are eligible for the program first apply for nomination and once nominated apply for PR.
So these are the seven streams to get nomination to immigrate to Canada. Applicants are required to apply for PR within six months of receiving nomination.
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Stream
- Physicians Stream
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Occupation In-Demand Stream
- International Graduates In-Demand Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
(if you like to add your informative video to this page, please contact us at email@example.com)
Note: There are frequent changes in the program rules and requirements for Nova Scotia Nominee Program, like eligibility criteria, Language proficiency score, educational qualification required, age criteria and even fees.