The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is a test for demonstrating English language proficiency. The Canadian government accepts this exam for immigration purposes.
In addition, numerous Canadian colleges, universities, and other educational institutions accept the English language proficiency test.
The examination is administered by Paragon Testing Enterprises, a University of British Columbia company (UBC). CELPIP-General and CELPIP-General LS are the two versions of the exam.
CELPIP General Test
This exam evaluates the speaking, reading, listening, and writing abilities of test takers and is used for permanent residency applications and professional certifications.
Individual 3-Hour Exam Sitting Requires roughly three hours to complete and can be done in a single sitting without a separate speaking session.
The IRCC-approved test for Permanent Residence applications is the CELPIP General Test. This is a Computer Delivered which includes a personal timer, word counter, and spell-checking capabilities.
Rapid Online Results will be Available within four to five calendar days after the examination date.
Applicants for permanent resident status in Canada under the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Start-up Visa Program, Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and numerous Provincial Nominee Programs can take the CELPIP-General Test.
This test is also appropriate for individuals seeking employment. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has authorised the CELPIP-General Test.
CELPIP-General LS Test
Single 1-Hour Test Session Takes approximately 1 hour to complete and can be completed in a single sitting; no separate speaking session is required.
This test is approved by IRCC for Citizenship Status. The IRCC-approved exam for Canadian citizenship applications is the CELPIP General LS Test.
This is also a Computer Delivered test which includes a personal timer, word counter, and spell-checking capabilities.
Rapid Online Results will be available within four to five calendar days after the examination date.
The CELPIP-General LS Test evaluates the candidate’s functional Listening and Speaking skills. This test is taken by those who must demonstrate proficiency in listening and speaking in order to obtain Canadian citizenship.
CELPIP exams are available in Kelowna, where you can take only 100% Canadian, computer-delivered, one-sitting exams with immediate online results.
Paragon Testing Enterprises has announced that Okanagan College in Kelowna, British Columbia is now an authorised CELPIP Test Centre.
The upcoming test dates in Okanagan College for the CELPIP General test are; Friday: Feb 17, Wednesday: Feb 22, Wednesday: Mar 1; and Thursday: Mar 2.
The University of British Columbia – Okanagan Campus is also a CELPIP test centre authorised by Paragon Testing Enterprises. The Okanagan Campus of the University of British Columbia is a campus in the heart of the Okanagan.
Over the past five years, Paragon has provided CELPIP tests twice a month. Examinees have the option of touring the campus’s various buildings and dining in one of the many cafeterias.
The university has waiting areas for test-takers who are accompanied by family members and are located within a short distance of the city and other points of interest.
The exam rooms are wheelchair accessible, and nearby restrooms and a water fountain are located just outside the exam room.
Tips for scoring well in the CELPIP test:
- Before attempting the test, read all instructions carefully.
- Get yourself Associated with the test’s structure and question types. This will help you comprehend the test format and prepare you for the test day.
- Practice, practise, practise! According to the proverb, practice makes perfect. Review your answers to as many sample exams as possible. This will help you identify areas for improvement.
- Use a computer for practice. Get acquainted with the keyboard and mouse. It will assist you during the final examination. Practice under conditions that are similar to the actual examination. Try to focus while practising in a noisy environment.
- Enhance your lexicon and grammatical structures. This can be accomplished through reading, writing, and speaking English. Commence using English daily and in your daily routine. Switch to a newspaper in English. Start watching English news and television programmes. Writing should be practised daily. Speak as frequently as possible in daily life.
- Work on your pronunciation and accent by listening to and imitating native English speakers. You can watch the news and other English-language television programmes. But do not rely heavily on this. It is acceptable to speak with your own rate and accent. In CELPIP, the accent is typically unimportant. However, speak clearly and loudly to be easily understood.
- Time management is indispensable. Ensure that you finish each section within the allotted time so that you have time to review. A timer, word counter, and spelling checker are also included for the convenience of test takers.
- Attempt all questions if you are unsure of the answer, guess the answer by eliminating all possible incorrect options.
- In the actual test, you only hear the recordings once. So remember essential points. Also, carefully mark your response, as you cannot return to the question once it has been submitted. Also, if you need to know the correct response, you should spend only a little time on a single question.
- Be composed on exam day. You have studied for the exam. Complete the test with assurance.
- IRCC-Authorized Immigration Test
- Recognized for Licensing
- Choose CELPIP Test Type
- High Scores with Preparation
- Learn from CELPIPSTORE.