Strong English language knowledge is required to move to Canada temporarily or permanently. All provinces in Canada need language Proficiency test scores to become eligible to live there.
There are many Language proficiency tests available for this purpose. Among all the tests available, CELPIP is the language proficiency test designed specifically for the immigration purposes and is accepted by IRCC.
Many foreigners who want to immigrate to Canada don’t speak English as their first language. For such people clearing the language proficiency test becomes difficult. This article will discuss the methods and tricks and learn: How can I Improve my CELPIP?
This article will provide tips and tricks to improve your CELPIP score. To improve your scores, first, you need to know all about CELPIP.
CELPIP: This is one of the two language proficiency tests accepted by IRCC for immigration purposes. To apply for Canadian immigration, you need high CELPIP scores.
CELPIP is a valid language proficiency test in Canada as IRCC accepts CELPIP for permanent residency, Citizenship and temporary and permanent residency programs, including work visas.
CELPIP has two types. So it’s essential to know the purpose of each before taking the exam. So which test is suitable for you?
CELPIP General Test has four parts which assess your English reading, speaking, writing and listening skills. This test takes three hours to complete in a single sitting.
CELPIP General Test is mainly taken by International students and permanent residence applicants. For licensing and certification purposes, some professional organisations have also approved it.
CELPIP General LS Test has two modules that evaluate your English speaking and listening skills. This test takes an hour to complete and is a computer-based test.
CELPIP General LS Test is mainly taken by those who want to apply for Canadian citizenship. Also, it is accepted by some professional organisations for professional certification.
The CELPIP test is entirely computer-based, and its results are also out within a week. The score level of CELPIP is the same as Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
CELPIP score range between Level 0 and Level 12, with level 12 being the highest and level 0,1, and 2 being the lowest. The test results are valid for upto two years.
There are many countries where you can take CELPIP General Test, and the fees for testing may vary accordingly. At the same time, the CELPIP General LS Test is only available in Canada.
Ways to improve your CELPIP score: CELPIP exams are not very difficult to pass. The exam is mainly based on generalised English. You can quickly clear the exam with regular practice.
There are many mediums available for test preparation, including online mediums. As this is an online test, it is better to practice using a computer. You can also become familiar with the exam pattern.
To prepare for the test online, you can visit celpipstore.com, where you will find sample tests and expert opinions on your tests.
To make the test easier and score better, there are some tips:
- Read all the instructions carefully before attempting the test.
- Get yourself Familiarised with the test format and question types. This will help you understand the test format and tell you what to expect on test day.
- Practice, practice, practice! As the saying goes, “Practice makes a man perfect”. Take as many practice tests as possible and review your answers. This will make you understand where you need improvement.
- Pratice using a computer. Get yourself familiar with keyboard and mouse. It will be helpful for you at the time of final exam. Practice in controlled conditions which are similar to the actual test. Try to concentrate in a noisy environment while practicising.
- Improve your vocabulary and grammatical structures. You can do that by reading, writing, and speaking in English. Start using English on a daily basis and in your daily routine. Switch to an English newspaper. Start watching English news and shows. Practice your writing daily. Speak as much as you can in your daily life.
- Work on your pronunciation and accent by listening to English speakers and trying to imitate their sounds. You can listen to the news and other English TV programs. But do not depend much on this. It is okay if you speak at your own pace and accent. Accent generally doesn’t matter in CELPIP. But speak loud and clear so that it can be easily understandable.
- The management of Time is essential. Make sure you complete each section before the given time so that you have time to review. For the ease of the test takers an inbuilt timer, word counter and speller checker are also provided.
- Attempt all questions. If you are not sure about the answer try to make your guess by eliminating all possible wrong choices.
- Remember in actual test you hear the the recordings once. So remember important points. Also mark your answer carefully as you can not go back to the question once its submitted. Also if you don’t know the correct answer don’t spend too much time one one question.
- Be calm on test day. You have prepared for the test. Complete your test with confidence.
- One of the tests approved by IRCC for immigration and residency purposes.
- Many oraganisations recoganise this for lincesnsing and certification purposes.
- Select the type of the test according to your requirements from CELPIP General and General LS test.
- A simple and generalised test to get good scores if practiced properly.
- Use expert opinions from online stores like celpipstore.com for better results.